Location: Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota
Jessica Featherstone practices primarily in the areas of residential and commercial real estate transactions, including but not limited to real estate closings, contract and lease preparation and negotiation, and seller financing.
Jessica was raised in Bradenton, Florida. She obtained her Bachelor’s Degree from Florida State University in 2006 where she graduated cum laude. She then attended Florida State University College of Law, where she was a member of the William H. Stafford Inn of Court, Student Bar Association, and Real Estate Law Society. She obtained her J.D. in 2009. During law school, Mrs. Featherstone worked for Pearson & Myers, PA, a Tallahassee law firm focusing in civil and business litigation. She also gained experience interning with the Florida Department of Financial Affairs, Agency for Healthcare Administration, and at the Florida Senate for Senator J.D. Alexander.
Jessica is licensed to practice in the State of Florida and is admitted to practice before the United States Court in the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida. She is a member of the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, Real Estate Association of Sarasota-Manatee, Women’s Council of Realtors, and the Sarasota County Bar Association.
Prior to joining Berlin Patten Ebling PLLC, Jessica was a partner at a boutique law firm in Bradenton, Florida. There she practiced primarily the areas of foreclosure defense, general civil litigation and consumer bankruptcy law.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Drafting and Negotiation
- Title Insurance
- Seller Financing
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. – 2009
- Honors: William H. Stafford Inn of Court, Pupil
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.S. (Cum Laude) – 2006
- Honors: Bright Futures Scholarship
- Honors: FSU Incentive Scholarship
- Honors: Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Major: Marketing
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Florida Bar, Member 2009
- Florida Bar, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance
- Real Estate Association of Sarasota-Manatee
- Women’s Council of Realtors
- Sarasota County Bar Association