Christopher Caswell practices in the areas of real estate, estate planning and administration (probate), and business law. This includes complex commercial and residential real estate transactions, developments, condominiums, corporate matters related to the structuring of real estate transactions, real estate closings, contract and lease preparation and negotiations.
In addition to wills and trusts, he also counsels clients about wealth planning in general, all ancillary documents, trust reviews, revisions and terminations, and advanced irrevocable, charitable and planning trusts. Mr. Caswell will also assist in the funding of trusts, and the management of assets, as well as trust and probate administration.
His business law practice includes contracts and leasing, entity formation, transactions and intellectual property filing and licensing. He also assists business owners with the sales of businesses and assets, as well as succession planning for business owners.
Mr. Caswell earned a double major in Mathematics/Computer Science and Spanish at Hamilton College before attending Florida State University for his MBA and JD degrees. While a graduate and law student, Mr. Caswell belonged to both Beta Gamma Sigma and the Order of the Coif, the graduate business and law school honor societies, respectively. He counsels individual and business clients in Sarasota, Venice, Bradenton, Longboat Key, Anna Maria Island and throughout Florida.
Mr. Caswell is also a Certified Financial PlannerTM and speaks frequently to large and small groups about wealth planning, real estate, and business transactions.
In addition to leadership positions in both Florida Bar and community organizations, most recently, he has served as President and Board member of the Suncoast Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, and as a Board member of the West Coast Black Theater Troupe.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Areas of Practice
- Residential Real Estate Transactions, Closings, and Development
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions, Closings and Development
- Estate Planning and Funding
- Wills & Trusts and Ancillary documents
- Advanced Trust and Charitable Strategies
- Trust Reviews, Revisions, and Terminations
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Asset Protection
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Law
- Corporate Formation and Maintenance
- Business Transactions, Contracts, and Closings
- Intellectual Property Protection and Licensing
- Florida, 1983
- Georgia, 1997 (Inactive)
- J.D., with High Honors, Florida State University (1983) (Order of the Coif)
- M.B.A., with High Honors, Florida State University (1983) (Beta Gamma Sigma)
- B.A., Hamilton College (1976)
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- State Bar of Georgia (inactive)
- Certified Financial PlannerTM
- Wealth Counsel and Wealth Counsel Advisors Forum