Mark C. Mann, Esq. is a veteran trial attorney with an AV Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings and has focused his practice on representing individuals in civil litigation including personal injury/wrongful death cases, real estate disputes, contract disputes, contested probate and trust matters, and high-conflict family law cases.
Mr. Mann has represented hundreds of clients in both State and Federal courts throughout the State of Florida in such diverse legal matters ranging from mass plaintiff toxic torts to drafting Wills and Trusts.Through his varied and extensive litigation background, he has tried numerous jury and non-jury trials and has given seminars in the area of Domestic Violence and Repeat, Dating and Sexual Violence Injunctions.
He began his legal career right here in Hillsborough County representing criminal defendants at the Public Defender’s Office as an Assistant Public Defender for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit. From there, Mark expanded his Areas of Practice into the civil arena by establishing the legal department as in-house counsel for Pro-Vest LLC, a diversified Tampa-based national corporation specializing in process serving, skip tracing, loss mitigation and fraud detection. Mark joined Griffin & Associates, P.A. in 2001 where he continued his criminal defense, civil litigation and corporate law and expanded his practice into personal injury/wrongful death, family law, probate, wills & trusts and real estate.
Born, raised and educated in Florida, Mark is married and has two wonderful children. Outside of the office, Mark enjoys playing golf, soccer and football, as well as performing in local community theater. He is an avid movie fan and pop culture enthusiast.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- Civil Litigation
- Wills & Trusts
- Real Estate
- Criminal Defense
- Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1995
- University of Florida College of Law
- J.D., 1994 (Joint degree program with Law and Mass Communications)
- University of South Florida
- B.A., Criminology, Honors Program, magna cum laude, 1990 (Joint degree program with Criminology and Theater)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers, Criminal Law and Family Law Sections
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers, Criminal Law and Marital and Family Law Sections; Law Week Committee
- Speaker, “Domestic Violence Seminar,” Topic: Defending a Respondent in a Domestic Violence Injunction, September, 2006
- Speaker, “The 3 D’s – Untangling Dependency, Divorce and Domestic Violence,” Topic: Domestic Violence as it Relates to Child Custody & Dependency Cases, September, 2008
- Florida Law Week, Volunteer
- Brandon Bar Association, Past Treasurer
- Great American Teach-In, Speaker
- Campo YMCA, Past Board Member, volunteer coach for flag football and soccer
- I9 Sports, volunteer coach for flag football and soccer
- Leadership Brandon, Class of 2005
- First Presbyterian Church of Brandon Preschool, Past Board Member
- Stagedoor Performing Arts and Village Players, actor in numerous productions including Pinball Wizard in The Who’s Tommy; The King in The Three Musketeers; Schroeder in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown; Mordcha, the Innkeeper in Fiddler on the Roof; Mortimer Brewster in Arsenic and Old Lace; Felix Unger in The Odd Couple; and assistant director of The Importance of Being Earnest.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed as AV Preeminent lawyer by Martindale Hubbell.
- Profiled in the Brandon News, “Integrity, Passion and a Sense of Humor,” Brandon News, June, 2005.
- University of Florida, College of Law, Dean’s List (3.5 GPA or higher)
- University of South Florida Honors Program, Dean’s List (3.5 GPA or higher)
- University of South Florida, Ambassador; Student Supreme Court Justice
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Recipient of the Rotary Scholarship, Seminole Chapter
- Sigma Nu Fraternity, Theta Alpha Chapter, Scholarship Award (Highest GPA)