Location: Sarasota, Florida
Dan Guarnieri has been practicing law since 2004, and has been a litigator in Sarasota since 2006. He has broad-ranging civil experience including complex commercial litigation, real property disputes, contract disputes, commercial collections, commercial foreclosures, local government representation, construction litigation, and maritime litigation. He also has considerable experience in assisting clients with business entity formation, business transactions, regulatory and compliance counseling, and other business representation with an eye towards avoiding litigation. He represents commercial lenders, along with business owners in the telecommunications, security, construction, and manufacturing industries. He has been lead counsel on numerous cases that have been tried to judgment, and has handled appeals in both state and federal courts.
His recent trial experience includes:
- Successfully defended a yacht manufacturer in a four-day trial which alleged fraud, and in which over $400,000 in damages were claimed by the Plaintiff.
- Successfully defended a claim in arbitration alleging that property owners had fraudulently failed to disclose numerous defects with the property.
- Successfully defended a property boundary dispute between neighbors that ensured his client’s access to the ICW.
- Successfully defended a powerboat manufacturer in a trial alleging violations of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act and various breaches of warranty, in which over $300,000 in damages were claimed by the Plaintiff.
- Prosecuted numerous lien foreclosure actions through trial.
- Acted as lead counsel in four-day trial in which he prosecuted claims that seller of a business had failed to fully disclose all material information, and had actively concealed material information.
Dan grew up in Tampa, Florida. He graduated from the University of Florida in 2000 with a bachelor of science degree in psychology, with a minor in criminology. Continuing at the University of Florida, he graduated cum laude from the Fredric G. Levin College of Law. While there he was named to the Dean’s List during several semesters. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2004.
Dan is licensed to practice in all state courts in Florida, and has handled numerous appeals to various Florida District Courts of Appeal, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Middle District of Florida, the Northern District of Florida, and the Southern District of Florida.
In the community, Dan is a member of the Sarasota County Bar Association, and he sat on the Board of Directors for the Young Lawyer’s Division from 2009-2013. He also chaired a YLD Civics Committee that created a civics magazine and distributed it to more than 30,000 local children in 2009. He has volunteered with the Big Brothers Big Sisters “Decisions to Win” program since 2010.
He is a charter member of the Rotary Club of Sarasota Southside, served on the Board of Directors for that organization from 2011-2014, and was the President of the Club from 2012-2013. He currently sits the Board of Directors for the Rotary Club of Sarasota Southside Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization. Since 2014 Dan has also sat on the Board of Directors for the Sarasota Youth Sailing Program, a 501(c)(3) organization. Finally, Dan has been a member of the Board of Directors for the Sarasota Chapter of the Risk Management Association since 2010, and is the current President of the local chapter.
Dan has been a speaker for the Florida Yacht Brokers’ Association (2010 and 2011 Florida West Coast Conferences), for the Sarasota Association of Realtors, and for the Sarasota County Bar Association. In 2014 he presented two sessions at an NBI seminar on construction law. He is published in the Docket Magazine.
In his spare time, Dan enjoys boating, fishing, SCUBA diving, traveling, and watching the Florida Gators.