Location: Sarasota, Florida
Mr. Hanewich focuses his practice in the areas of commercial and residential real property transactions for individuals, businesses and developers in all phases of real estate from acquisition through mortgage financing, development, sales and leasing. Mr. Hanewich also practices corporate law, representing entities such as partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations from entity formation, preparation of partnership and operating agreements, to oversight and preparation of documentation.
Mr. Hanewich was born in Providence, Rhode Island. He is a graduate of Columbia University in New York City where he received his Bachelor’s degree in English. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Hanewich played collegiate football and baseball for Columbia University and was an esteemed player in the Cape Cod Baseball League. Mr. Hanewich graduated from Boston College Law School in 1984 with a Juris Doctor degree. He was admitted to the Rhode Island Bar in 1984, the Massachusetts Bar in 1985, and the Florida Bar in 1990.
Originally from Massachusetts, he and his family moved to Florida and settled in Sarasota in 2000. He has five children, all of whom have followed in his footsteps as student athletes at the collegiate level. His youngest is currently a front line pitcher for Stanford University. Prior to joining Berlin Patten Ebling PLLC, Mr. Hanewich has had an extensive background in real estate law, practicing as a partner at Tannenbaum Hanewich, P.L. and was formerly a partner at Nelson Hesse, LLP.
Mr. Hanewich is licensed to practice law in the states of Florida, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate
- Corporate Law
- Rhode Island, 1984
- Massachusetts, 1985
- Florida, 1990
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctor – 1984
- Columbia University Main Division, New York, New York
- B.A. – 1981
- Major: English
- Where Have All The Learned Treatises Gone (Co-Author) Rhode Island Bar Journal, 1984
- How to Handle Implied Consent Hearings (Co-Author) DWI Journal, 1986
- Strategic Use of Scientific Evidence (Co-Author) Kluwer Law Journal, 1988
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Member
- Sarasota Association of Realtors, Affiliate Member
- Women’s Council of Realtors, Affiliate Member
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Tannenbaum Hanewich, P.L., Partner
- Nelson Hesse, LLP, Partner