Berlin Patten Ebling’s attorneys have extensive experience handling business transactions, from simple asset purchases to complex business acquisitions. Berlin Patten Ebling provides legal advice, drafting and representation of businesses, corporations, partnerships, incorporators, shareholders, directors, employees, partners, officers, buyers, sellers, lenders and borrowers in Florida regarding the following business and corporate legal matters:
- Formation and maintenance of corporate and LLC entities (formation, articles of incorporation and organization, bylaws, operating agreements, minutes, resolutions, amended articles, amendment, and reinstatement);
- Formation and operations of partnerships (partnership agreement);
- Dissolution of entities (articles of dissolution, termination agreement, and disputes);
- Dissolution of partnerships (termination agreement, winding up, and disputes);
- Sale and purchase of businesses (due diligence, contract for sale and purchase, bill of sale, assignment, and closing);
- Legal questions in business operations (legal questions and answers that arise in operating all kinds of businesses, such as retail stores, jewelers, manufacturers, contractors, architects, engineers, designers, lenders, landlords, and publishers);
- Prevention of legal problems (preventative legal advice, legal document review, legal checklists);
- Employment issues (employment applications, hiring, firing, disputes);
- Fictitious name (registration & litigation of fictitious name);
- Intellectual property protection (filing for trademarks and copyrights, licensing, trade secrets)
- Contract drafting and review (sale, purchase, exchange, goods, services, employment, consultant, independent contractor, agency, advertising, broker, commission, arbitration, arts, assignment, licenses, construction, building, subcontract, guaranty, warranty, indemnification, release, and bill of sale);
- Loan documentation (promissory note, mortgage, security agreement, UCC filings, loan agreements, and closing statements).
Our lawyers are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience. Our legal team establishes your goals up front in order to create a custom strategy to achieve those objectives. We are responsive to your needs, answering questions in a timely manner and keeping you informed of all progress in your transaction.
Contact us to schedule a consultation in which we can answer your questions and recommend the best steps to take. We serve clients throughout Southwest Florida from offices in Sarasota, Venice and Lakewood Ranch.