Whether you are buying or selling residential real estate in Florida you want to be assured that the agreements you sign and the property you are purchasing will not come with unwanted surprises. We want to protect your interests and ensure that the transaction goes smoothly. At Berlin Patten Ebling, our team of real estate attorneys brings peace of mind to our clients by providing a full range of residential real estate services.
We can serve as your closing agent — providing you the benefit of having a representative who is knowledgeable in real estate law involved throughout the process — most often for the same amount that you would spend on a title agency. It’s important to note that if any legal questions arise throughout the transaction, our real estate lawyers can provide legal advice; a title agency cannot. Don’t be fooled when a title company tells you that they have in-house counsel. Their in-house counsel’s duty is to represent the title company, not to represent you directly.
- Negotiating terms of the real estate purchase and sales agreements
- Drafting residential real estate contracts
- Reviewing contracts to ensure clients’ interests are protected
- Explaining material contract terms to ensure clients fully understand
- Reviewing and analyzing the status of title to the property
- Resolving title issues
- Reviewing Surveys and resolving survey issues
- Preparing and/or reviewing closing documents
- Reviewing loan documents and mortgage agreements
- Discussing types of ownership and title to the property